A Brief History
Built on an island known as The Islet, the first protective measures were installed in the mid-16th century. Construction of the castle began in 1594.
The first iteration of the castle was completed in the early 17th century, with further developments made in the following years.
Towards the latter part of the 17th century, another part of the castle was built on a small adjacent island, with the fortress being combined once the building work was complete.